With the holiday season is fast approaching, retailers need to ensure loss prevention practices become part of their everyday routine.
Security is not an illusion – meaning your customers need to know that you are a security-minded store. All personnel must be included in your security program. Having security presence is also a great way to deter and prevent theft. Customers do not enter a store with the intent to steal – 80% of robberies happen when a customer sees an opportunity.
Below are some additional tips:
- The best theft deterrent is great customer service
- Thieves do not like attention and need to be left alone to have the opportunity to steal
- Identify key areas of concern and turn them into hot zones for customer engagement
- Ensure all employees know which areas are the highest priority
- Identify the areas on a store map if available
- Ask employees to walk through the hot zones frequently
- Treat everyone who walks through your doors as a potential customer
- Thieves will not always exhibit the same behaviour – train all staff to approach each person and offer great customer service
- Make it apparent to thieves that you take security seriously and ensure the measures you have in place are well displayed
To learn more about how ASAP Secured can help with loss prevention please visit: www.asapsecured.com
Are you aware of the suspicious behaviours associated with retail theft? See our list below of the 10 Suspicious Behaviours Associated with Retail Theft!
- Suspect(s) carrying empty and/or large shopping bags.
- Suspect(s) entering stores with backpacks or duffle bags.
- Suspect(s) taking merchandise to restrooms.
- Suspect(s) dressed in heavy clothing and unseasonal attire to help conceal stolen goods.
- Suspect(s) shopping with strollers and/or carts.
- Suspect(s) piling stacks of merchandise.
- Suspect(s) looking at ceilings and cameras.
- Suspect(s) overly friendly and asking a lot of questions as a distraction tactic.
- Suspect(s) paying more attention to staff and their location then the actual merchandise.
- Suspect(s) moving merchandise from it’s original area to a lower visibility area of the store. Typically a less travelled or low visibility area of the store.
Learn more by watching our retail theft webinar, click here. To learn how ASAP Secured can help fight retail theft visit: www.asapsecured.com
Time and time again, I hear how a building was broken into, how a retailer got their windows smashed in overnight or is suffering from shrinkage.
In the security industry, this is a bittersweet situation because we know we can be there to provide security services during these times.
Companies need to truly assess – re-evaluate and reset. What is the right procedure – preventative or proactive security? Many industry associations can provide a lot of support in identifying best practices. Reach out and see if any of them have had a risk assessment and what the outcome was. There are industry, brand, and geographical implications to review as well as a corporate security program.
It is a tough one because companies need to weigh the costs of security vs. no security. When there is security, it is difficult to justify the cost when nothing is happening. This becomes a vicious cycle. If you have a security program and are still experiencing theft, maybe it is time to re-evaluate the entire plan. Quality checks in your security program are essential. Most security companies can support and assist you with a quality audit.
Companies have a responsibility to look at industry trends. Are you taking a hit more than your competitors? There are risk assessments that include brand perception that needs to be evaluated along with a holistic security program.